Saturday, April 26, 2014

DIY Painted Bottles & Jars

Everyone loves a good craft project once in a while. I figured I'd selected one that has the two things I love, floral design and painting. I saved bottles and jars for a couple weeks and even bought a few baby food jars to add smaller pieces to the collection.  After removing labels, washing, drying and cleaning them I selected an array of acrylic paint colors I wanted to use.  Note, It's not wise to use a paint that will react to water especially if you are using them for fresh flowers. I probably should have used a more permanent paint since I wanted to put flowers in mine. I then squeezed a good amount in each jar and moved it around so that it covered the entire area. I poured the excess paint back in their bottles.  I let stand for 48 hours. Here are the results.
Happy crafting!














No comments:

Post a Comment