Friday, December 6, 2013

Sidekick or Superhero?

Pantone unveils fabulous new color for 2014!

Radiant Orchid is the newest color selected by Pantone professionals to represent 2014. It's a great color, full of life and inspiration. However I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed. I think this orchid color is a wonderful accent color or complimentary color.  I'm speaking strictly as a designer. This particular color needs strong colors to back it up, amethyst, eggplant, plum, deep purple and even seeping into the red undertones of wine and merlot. I don't think that radiant orchid is a strong enough hue to stand on its own. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the color however I believe the Pantone peeps picked a "sidekick" instead of the superhero.  
-Val Mcnichols, IOBette

http://www.pantone.com/pages/index.aspx?pg=21130
 

No comments:

Post a Comment