The Snow Owl: an inspiration

I have to say, with each design I create comes thought and inspiration. The visuals stream through my head like a movie being fast forwarded. I catch slight glimpses of the design as its being constructed in my head. Patterns and places, textures and scents, elements and composition move in and out and side to side through my mind like a wonderland of visual delights. I know it sounds chaotic but it's actually calm and quiet...quite poetic.

This particular design I knew I wanted to do something very wintery, like something you would see in a cottage in the frosty woods. I knew pussy willow, naked silver eucalyptus bells and black privet berry were going to create my collar or "nest" of the bouquet. My true inspiration though came from the snow queen protea which just reminded me of a beautiful snow owl. As soon as I added the protea everything else fell into place. I added hints of green miniature cymbidium orchids, white Veronica, white ranunculus, and silvery dusty miller.











Comments

Popular Posts