Monday, August 24, 2009

Cherished Belongings; Garden Style

My backyard is my oasis. I escape to its beautiful sounds and smells of the outside. It is my ultimate get away. I have made it a point to make it comfortable for all whom visit and spent time with me whether it's laying under lanterns on my plush hammock, swinging softly on my double swing canopy or just sitting under my screened summerhouse. Over the years I've accumulated some meaningful items. Here are a few of my favorites.

Ceramic mushrooms that stake into planters, purchased at Maple Acres Farm, Plymouth Meeting, PA

A birdhouse my husband and daughter made together about 6 years ago. I love how weathered it became over the years.

Glass hand-painted votive cups with white pebbles in the bottom to keep the candles secure. A gift from my sister Jeneen.

No comments:

Post a Comment